FREELANCE WEB DEVELOPER IN KENYA
I’m a freelance web developer based in Nairobi, Kenya. I also provide remote contracting services for local & international clients.
I have 2 years of web design, development and management experience having worked on various medium to large Web Development projects. Through my exposure I have gained considerable knowledge on Web Hosting, App Development, Systems Analysis, Systems Design, Technical support and Online Marketing.
- Front-end Web Design
- Back-end Web Development
- Domain Registration & Hosting
- Professional Content Creation
- Search Engine Optimisation(SEO)
- Website Monetization
- Powerful Web Apps (PWA) Development
- Expert Wordpress Development
- Wordpress Webmaster Services
- Custom Ecommerce Solutions
- Social Media Integration
- Corporate Branding & Logo Design
- Payment Systems Integration
- Photography & Videography
- Digital & Internet marketing
- Mobile solutions & Bulk SMS
- Application Analytics & management
- Delivering an innovative and customised solution tailored to your requirements
- A professional with more than 2 years experience in web design
- Open communication and idea sharing throughout the development process.
- Professional, unique & original website design that reflects your organization's image - for growth or launch.
- Super fast, easy-to-use, lightweight and responsive websites that work across modern devices and optimised for search engines.
- Integration with a content management system(C.M.S.) and social media to reduce maintenance costs and ease control and access.
- Enough training and documentation to ensure full utilisation of the developed website by the client.
My Web Development Process
1. Gathering Information; Purpose, Main Goals, and Target Audience : This is my first stage of website development. The most important task at this point is to get a clear understanding of your future website purposes, the main goals you wish to get, and the target audience you want to attract to your site.
2. Planning; Sitemap and Wireframe Creation : At this stage of the website development cycle, I create the data that allows a customer to judge how the entire site will look like based on the information that was gathered in the previous phase.At this stage the sitemap is created. The sitemap allows you to understand how the inner structure of a website looks like but doesn’t describe the user interface.
3. Design: Page Layouts, Review, and Approval : During the design phase, your website takes shape. All the visual content (images, photos, and videos) is created at this step. The primary function of the layout is to represent the information structure, visualize the content, and demonstrate the basic functionality. Layouts contain colors, logos, images and can give a general understanding of the future product. After that, the customer can review the layout and send me his feedback.
4. Content Writing and Assembly : At this step, it is necessary to put in writing the very essence you’d like to communicate to the audience of your website and add calls-to-action. Content writing also involves the creation of catching headlines, text editing, writing new text, compiling the existing text, etc., which takes time and effort. As a rule, the client undertakes to provide website content ready to migrate to the site. It is better when all website content is provided before or during website coding.
5. Coding : At this step, I finally start creating the website itself. Graphic elements that have been designed during the previous stages are used to create an actual website. Usually, the home page is created first, and then all sub-pages are added, according to the website hierarchy that was previously created in the form of a sitemap.
6. Testing, Review, and Launch : Testing is probably the most routine part of a process. Every single link should be tested to make sure that there are no broken ones among them. You should check every form, every script, run a spell-checking software to find possible typos. Use code validators to check if your code follows the current web standards. After you check and re-check your website, it’s time to upload it to a server. After you deployed the files, you should run yet another, final test to be sure that all your files have been installed correctly.
6. Maintenance; Opinion Monitoring and Regular Updating : a website is more of a service than a product. It’s not enough to “deliver” a website to a user. You should also make sure that everything works fine, and everybody is satisfied and always be prepared to make changes in another case. The feedback system added to the site will allow you to detect possible problems the end-users face. The highest priority task, in this case, is to fix the problem as fast as you can.
Web Development Cost
There is no fixed pricing for all websites. A websites' development cost largely depends on the clients requirements; However, I think it’s important to be open and provide a guideline cost so you know what level of investment I’d be expecting you to make.
1-2 page portfolio websites go for between KES 2,000 to KES 3,000
3 - 6 page e-commerce websites go for between KES 4,500 to KES 10,000
Lipa Pole Pole Website Builder
Putting everything into consideration , I have a website builder offer named 'lipa pole pole' that is currently running. This offer targets small businesses and individuals who cannot afford a one time payment of the development cost but have the desire to get their business online. With the "lipa pole pole" website builder you can get a custom website made from as low as Kshs. 250 monthly payments with an initial payment of hosting fees and domain registration only.
First Order Offer
Get your website developed by me at a one time discount of 35% on your first order.
Who I work with
Elly Wambwa works with everyone; individuals, small to medium sized businesses and start-ups. I work with you rather than for you, so you have access to all the resources and the development process procedures to help you discover best solutions to optimize your site for sales, profit, visibility et cetera.
I also collaborate with agencies and other web professionals on larger projects.
Are you ready to get started?
To find out more about the comprehensive website development and design solutions I can tailor to your brand, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me. You can call Safaricom : +254 706 385 808, Airtel: +254 100 796 352 or alternatively chat with me via WhatsApp button below 🙂